About DermNet NZ
DermNet NZ is provided by the New Zealand Dermatological Society Incorporated to present authoritative facts about the skin for consumers and health professionals in New Zealand and throughout the world. It was launched in March 1996.
Amanda Oakley, May 2012
DermNet Development Group
|Chairman||Dr Marius Rademaker 2011- (Group member since 1996)||
|Chief Editor & Website Manager||Dr Amanda Oakley 1996-|
|Members||Dr Elizabeth A Baird 1996-|
|Dr Nick Birchall 1996-|
|Dr Steven Helander 2004-|
|Dr John Adams 2004-|
|Dr Darion Rowan 2008-|
|Previous members||Dr Mark Duffill Member and Chair, 1996-2011|
|Medical Writers||Dr Delwyn Dyall-Smith 2009-|
|Anoma Ranaweera 2011-|
|Dr Marie Hartley 2009-2010|
|Vanessa Ngan 2004-2008, 2012-|
|Dr Ben Tallon, 2010-|
|Dr Patrick Emanuel, 2013-|
|Web Developer||Hadley Wickham 2004-2007|
- To provide authoritative information about the skin:
- All content reviewed by dermatologists
- Information written by dermatologists, dermatology trainees and professional medical writers, unless otherwise specified
- Dates of authorship and updates recorded
- Information about skin diseases has been written primarily for the interested patient rather than the expert
- To be readily accessible and easy to navigate:
- Format read by majority of currently used browsers
- Low resolution graphics to enhance download
- Uniform formatting throughout site
- Minimise internal and external link errors and other miscoding
- Search facility accesses entire site (except password-protected areas)
- To comply with the recommendations of:
Despite the best of intentions, we may include content that is incorrect, out of date, or inappropriate for the individual concerned. Our information should not be used to replace consultation with a dermatologist or other experienced health provider.
For in-depth information about individual skin diseases, refer to Medscape Reference Dermatology Articles or one of the major conventional published references.
Images have been supplied by Assoc Prof Amanda Oakley, Waikato District Health Board, Dr Professor Raimo Suhonen (Finland), members of the NZDSI, or as otherwise noted.
DermNet NZ may access content from other organisations, when these are consistent with our editorial policy.
Confidentiality of data relating to individual patients and visitors, including their identity, is respected by DermNet. The DermNet Development Group undertakes to honour or exceed the legal requirements of medical/health information privacy that apply in New Zealand.
Disclaimer, copyright and use of images
The images available for licensed use by external agencies are listed on our image catalogue.
DermNet NZ is funded by advertising, non-directed sponsorship and image licensing.
DermNetNZ accepts advertising providing it is relevant to dermatology, ethical, and the DermNet Development Group has approved its format and content. Non-directed sponsorship is also welcomed.
Sponsors do not influence content. Advertising is clearly separated from the editorial content and identified as such. Acknowledgement of a sponsor or advertiser does not imply any endorsement or recommendation of that company’s products by the New Zealand Dermatological Society Incorporated.
- 468x60 px top-of-page banners
- Indexed highly by search engines
- Visitors spend an average of 4 minutes per session viewing 3 pages
- Viewers are health professionals and visitors focused on specific topics
Minimum investment is $5,000 per annum. Contact our website manager, Dr Amanda Oakley for further information.
NZ DermNet traffic summary
The website has been hosted on MediaTemple.net servers since March 2004.
|Month||Total clients||Total page views||Daily average clients|
DermNetNZ: about us translated into Belorussian 6 July 2011