Wilson-Allison Memorial Prize in Dermatology
The New Zealand Dermatological Society Incorporated (NZDSI) has agreed to fund annual dermatology prizes for New Zealand medical students.
The prizes commemorate the work of the late Dr H W Wilson of Auckland and the late Dr P E Allison of Christchurch, who were pioneers of Dermatology in New Zealand.
Criteria for undergraduates
- There will be two annual undergraduate dermatology prizes, to be awarded to a successful 4th-year medical student from:
- Auckland University; and,
- Otago University.
- The award is $750 to each winner.
- The award is based on an essay of 2000 words or less and judged by the President of the NZDSI and the Heads of the Departments of Medicine, University of Auckland, and Dunedin School of Medicine respectively.
- The prize will be awarded in the 5th year.
The essay title for 2013 is “Biologics for psoriasis; are they worth the money?”
Submit your entry by e-mail to Sue Peck, NZDSI administrator: email@example.com.
The deadline for entry is 14th June 2013.
The entry must include your contact details: full name, medical school, email address and postal address.
Medical students from other years of study or from outside New Zealand are not eligible to apply.