About DermNet NZ
The DermNet NZ presents authoritative facts about the skin for consumers and health professionals in New Zealand and throughout the world. It is written and reviewed by dermatologists, other health professionals and medical writers. Access to DermNet NZ is free via the internet.
Dr Amanda Oakley
Website Manager, and Chief Editor, DermNet NZ
28 December 2013
History of DermNet NZ
DermNet NZ was originally launched in March 1996 as the website of the New Zealand Dermatological Society Incorporated. The DermNet New Zealand Trust took over management of the website in October 2013.
DermNet New Zealand Trust
The DermNet New Zealand Trust is incorporated by New Zealand Companies Office, Certificate of Incorporation number 2591483. It is a registered Charity, Registration Number CC50036. The affairs of the DermNet New Zealand Trust are run by its Trustees.
Trustees of DermNet NZ Trust 2013-2017
|Chairperson||Dr Marius Rademaker|
|Secretary||Dr Anthony Yung|
|Treasurer||Dr Sandra Winhoven|
|Website Manager||Dr Amanda Oakley|
DermNet NZ aims:
- To provide authoritative information about the skin:
- All content reviewed by dermatologists
- Information written by dermatologists, dermatology trainees and professional medical writers, unless otherwise specified
- Dates of authorship and updates recorded
- To be readily accessible and easy to navigate:
- Format read by majority of currently used browsers
- Low resolution graphics to enhance download
- Uniform formatting throughout site
- Minimise internal and external link errors and other miscoding
- Plain English to accommodate a variety of health literacy levels
- Search facility accesses entire site (except password-protected areas)
- To comply with the recommendations of:
Despite the best of intentions, we may include content that is incorrect, out of date, or inappropriate for the individual concerned. Our information should not be used to replace consultation with a dermatologist or other experienced health provider.
For in-depth information about individual skin diseases, refer to Medscape Reference Dermatology Articles or one of the major conventional published references.
Images have been supplied by Assoc Prof Amanda Oakley, Waikato District Health Board, Dr Professor Raimo Suhonen (Finland), members of the NZDSI, or as otherwise noted.
DermNet NZ may access content from other organisations, when these are consistent with our editorial policy.
Confidentiality of data relating to individual patients and visitors, including their identity, is respected by DermNet NZ. DermNet NZ undertakes to honour or exceed the legal requirements of medical/health information privacy that apply in New Zealand.
Disclaimer, copyright and use of images
The images available for licensed use by external agencies are listed on our image catalogue.
DermNet NZ is funded by donations, advertising, non-directed sponsorship and image licensing.
DermNet NZ accepts advertising providing it is relevant to dermatology, ethical, and DermNet NZ has approved its format and content. Non-directed sponsorship and donations are also welcomed.
Sponsors do not influence content. Advertising is clearly separated from the editorial content and identified as such. Acknowledgement of a sponsor or advertiser does not imply any endorsement or recommendation of that company’s products by the DermNet NZ or the DermNet New Zealand Trust.
- 468x60 px top-of-page banners
- Indexed highly by search engines
- Visitors spend an average of 4 minutes per session viewing 3 pages
- Viewers are health professionals and visitors focused on specific topics
Minimum investment is $5,000 +GST per annum. Contact our website manager, Dr Amanda Oakley for further information.
DermNet NZ traffic summary
The website has been hosted on MediaTemple.net servers since March 2004.
|Month||Total clients||Total page views||Daily average clients|